12.02.2008

Some Things They Never Forget


Yesterday, I was out and about with Georgia (Remember, she's 19) and Lola:

Lo: Hey, Mom, I didn't turn in that form you signed for our class store.

TR: Why's that?

Lo: Because I changed my mind about what I want to make. Instead of potholders, I'm going to make clay monster heads.

TR: That's fine.

Georgia (suddenly angry): I know what I wish you'd NEVER signed for me!

TR: What?

Georgia: That form in fourth grade science.

TR: Huh?

Georgia: The one giving me permission to dissect. There were cow brains and frogs and baby pigs...I just hid in the back while everyone else did it. It was sick! I'll never get it out of my head.

TR: And it's all my fault?!

Georgia: You signed it.

8 comments:

Collin Kelley said...

Remind her of that next time she bites into a big juicy bloody hamburger.

Tania Rochelle said...

She doesn't eat meat...

Rupert said...

poor T . . . I hate it when I get the "you didn't protect me enough" guilt trip from 20-something daughters . . . I always say - hey, if it didn't put you in therapy how bad could it have been?

Unknown said...

tell lola i want one of her clay monster heads

Unknown said...

Where was I during this? Did I totally zone out after finally giving in to seeing that teenage girl movie?

Montgomery Maxton said...

we had to cut up adult cats.

Tania Rochelle said...

Rupert, all of my kids might actually need therapy.

Rachel, you'd better start saving now.

Blaise, i believe you had your head in a bucket of popcorn.

MM, that's so wrong.

Collin Kelley said...

Is she a vegetarian because of having to witness the frog slaughter?

About Me

My photo
Writer, teacher, student, mom.

Fresh Flowers Delivered