3.16.2007

Friday Nostalgia


Terry Jacks released this super-corn in 1973. I was ten. We liked to sing the alternative lyrics, "But the hills that we climbed were too rough on our behinds." Love this factoid from Wikipedia: "Jacks claimed on a VH1 special to have written "Seasons In The Sun" after a friend of his just died. The song was actually penned by Jacques Brel with the English translation by Rod McKuen."


The 70's were filled with this kind of musical pablum (And oh how we loved it!). Here as a bonus is another, from Paper Lace, 1974:

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

This really helps me start the day off right: Gag! Retch! Projectile vomit! I love it!

Anonymous said...

I was 15-16...alot of the 70's "popular" music is similar to a chinese water torture. I didn't even play them and I'm going to have those darn things stuck in my head ad nauseam, ad infinitum....

Tania Rochelle said...

Ads, I offer you Playground in My Mind (My Name Is Michael), Rock-n-Roll Joey, and Wildfire to stick in your head with them.

Anonymous said...

We can only hope that today's 10 years olds will feel the same 30 years from now when they hear "Jesus Take the Wheel".

Tania Rochelle said...

Oh Kathy, don't even get me started on 70's country.

Anonymous said...

yes, there's no need to be cruel. we've suffered enough.
all that therapy....down the tubes...

Rupert said...

yes, Wildfire! They shoot horses don't they - if so, shoot ole Wildfire for me, in fact get ABC to shoot that poison arrow through my heaaaarrrttt . . . {sorry}

Anonymous said...

Ok - today's 10 year olds should feel the same when they remember that they once thought Justin Timberlake was bringing "SexyBack". UGH.

Collin Kelley said...

Suddenly I want to hear "If Loving You Is Wrong, I Don't Want To Be Right" by Barbara Mandrell. I may have to go YouTubing for that.

I hated both of these songs you posted, but I LOVED "Wildfire"...it's so sad. :(

About Me

My photo
Writer, teacher, student, mom.

Fresh Flowers Delivered