11.02.2007

For Jennifer



Yes, I did have a visit with Kickme-Jennifer's stylist Rio yesterday. Like Jennifer, and Biggy, I expected a complete transformation (Biggy loves it when I get a different haircut because it's easier for him to pretend I'm someone else)--figured Rio would talk me into a pixie or convince me that I, too, could sport a sweet little inverted bob a' la Jennifer's new do.

But Rio, wise sage, had a bigger plan for me, a long-term hairsperiment that he's sure will render me beautifully voluminous yet frizz free. He promises that I'll no longer look like I grew up in a trailer park in Gadsden. His solution: Grow it out!

He trimmed it, thinned it, did some damage control on my self-chopped bangs (he says the bangs have GOT to go), and gave me a one-hour lesson on proper care of my locks. He actually slapped my hand a few times with his comb when I admitted to shampooing with Pantene and using the same towelling technique that I use on the dogs.

It was kinda nice being bullied for the sake of beauty. For now, I look much the same, but I'll be looking like Holly Hunter in a few months.

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

Isn't Rio great?!?!?! I think you look great! What's the long-term plan for your color? You are a vixen, T!!!

Anonymous said...

do you think Rio could make me look 10 years younger and 50 pounds lighter?

faye looks very excited about your new do.

Anonymous said...

where can i find this "rio" man/person/god? Is his name truly Rio or did he just make that up himself?

Anyway . . . love the color!

Tania Rochelle said...

I just linked to him, Jessica. Meant to do it earlier.

ButtonHole said...

GADSDEN!!!! What do you know about Gadsden? I'm married to someone from Gadsden! Are you, too??

ButtonHole said...

Your hair looks great, by the way!!! LOL

ButtonHole said...

Rio sounds as much of a control freak as my Richard. He is in total charge as soon as I walk in the door. I mentioned bangs once to him but the idea did not go over well. He propped one hand on his hip, stuck the other hip out, pointing at me in the mirror with his comb, saying, "Girl, if you want some bangs, you can getcha self on down to Cost Cutters, sugar, cuz you won't be getting any BANGS on my watch." "Okay," I said meekly, properly chastised. Every once in a while I'll mention something without realizing how very preposterous it is, and he'll have to set me straight, and, while it hurts for a while, I know it's for the best.

Tracie Mae said...

I thought your hair looked different that day when you noticed my hair looking different. I just thought it was because it was really straight.

Collin Kelley said...

I like the haircut.

Kevin M. Scarbrough said...

Being a man, I am confused.

Being a man, I get my hair cut every six months (whether I need it or not).

Being a man... hey, these Doritos are especially tasty today!

Rupert said...

you look beautiful . . . and Irish, T - haha, since i'm writing this from a Dublin cyber-joint, i suppose i'm now an expert on such matters - the polskis have invaded Ireland and the men here love it, lol, the pole babes that is . . .

About Me

My photo
Writer, teacher, student, mom.

Fresh Flowers Delivered