10.17.2008

A Valuable Lesson


Yesterday, in the car, after picking Lola up from the After School Program:

Lo: You're not going to believe this. T wet her pants at ASP.

TR: You're kidding!

Lo: No, really. You don't see that happen much with third-graders.

TR: So, tell me the story.

Lo: Well, we were playing dragons, and she kept squatting down with her hands between her legs. I asked her what she was doing, and she said she had to pee. So I said, 'Go pee already,' but she said she could wait. Then one time she said, 'I peed a little in my pants,' and she got up, and I said, 'Oh, my god, you peed a LOT!'

TR: Oooh, not good.

Lo: She kept right on playing. And nobody even talked about her.

(Beat)

Lo: I guess that's the key--to pretend you don't care.

1 comment:

Harpy said...

A lesson learned from Fergie

About Me

My photo
Writer, teacher, student, mom.

Fresh Flowers Delivered