4.15.2006

Head Transplants



Okay, I'm the last to know. But oh-my-god, who told Kenny Rogers trading faces was a good idea? There's not the slightest remnant of the man he used to be. What's up with these guys--like Burt Reynolds? They should take their cues from Paul Newman and Robert Redford--grow old gracefully and beautifully. I don't know if those two have had any "procedures," but they both look their ages and like THEMSELVES, for crying out loud. And Paul or Robert, still today--any time, any place. I mean, if I weren't married...

6 comments:

amy rush said...

I think he looks a little too much like
Anne Murray.

Tania Rochelle said...

Holy cow!

Did you make that connection all by yourself?!

Rupert said...

A few years ago I was 2nd in line to pee at a gas station on 316 halfway to Athens, and whoa, out of the john comes The Gambler! - you noticed him because he was so ungodly TANNED, and then ya said, Oh, it's Kenny Rogers . . . but the guy in front of me was oblivious, intent on his turn for the bathroom, so he takes one step in, turns back to me, makes a face, waves his hand around and goes, "P-yeeuuuwww. That guy so stunk up this place!"
. . . which proves . . . some moralizing something that would make only a predictable poem . . . unless, maybe - kenny had a red wheelbarrow in the bed of his pick-up truck

Collin Kelley said...

They had a piece in some magazine...can't remember which one...after everyone was stunned by his face on American Idol. They put up side by side pics and had a plastic surgeon try go guess what he'd had done. The verdict: A full brow lift (pretty much peeling off your upper face and sewing it back on tighter...ewww) and massive amounts of botox. He really looks terrible.

amy rush said...

Yeah, I saw it in him immediately. I secretly like Anne Murray and have since I was a kid. And I think she's always looked like that!

Anne Elser said...

Eeeew Yuk.

Kinda makes me want to congratulate Mick and the rest of the Stones for staying as naturally gnarly as they have.

About Me

My photo
Writer, teacher, student, mom.

Fresh Flowers Delivered