1.17.2008

Bliss


Biggy is fixing his Eggo's in the kitchen, from where he can see the goings-on in the sunroom, where I am. Fay is tossing and rolling in something small and brown on the floor, and I'm feeding all the rodents:

Biggy: What's Fay got--a bug?

TR: No, it's a piece of dog food. She pretends it's alive.

Biggy: Stupid dog.

TR: She's not stupid; she has a good imagination. something you wouldn't know about.

Biggy: Have you given the guinea pigs anything to chew on?

TR: I'm taking good care of them; don't you worry.

Biggy: You know, you're going to be one of those old ladies with, like, a hundred cats and shit everywhere.

TR: Is that all you've got, really? Did you come up with that all by yourself?

Biggy: (silence)

TR: Make sure you leave the butter on the counter so I can put it up like I do every morning. I wouldn't want you to stretch your imagination and think of something else to do with it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

(yaaaaaaaawwwwnnnnnnnnnnnn)

Tania Rochelle said...

"Life is never boring but some people choose to be bored." --- Dr. Wayne Dyer

Anonymous said...

“The only way a woman can ever reform her husband is by boring him so completely that he loses all possible interest in life”---Oscar Wilde

Tania Rochelle said...

So you concede you're in need of reforming?

Anonymous said...

No, I just assumed that's what you've been trying to do:)

Collin Kelley said...

Blog as marriage counseling. Who woulda thunk it?

About Me

My photo
Writer, teacher, student, mom.

Fresh Flowers Delivered