4.25.2008

I'm It. Tagged Again.

So I've been tagged by my friend John at Everything's Jake.

The charge:

1. Pick up the nearest book.

2. Open to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next three sentences.

5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

This is from Melissa Delbridge's memoir, FAMILY BIBLE, which is sitting by my laptop:

Her mother wept into a soaked-through Kleenex at the funeral reception and blamed it on the way Reba's face broke out. "It just worried her so bad," she sobbed. I remember Mr. Fain, the way he'd stand glitter-eyed and licking his lips when girls got on the bus during the church choir tour.


I think Melissa is my third-cousin-twice-removed on my father's side.

I hereby tag Mary, Jennifer, Button, Lola, and Debbie.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm on it, sister! Expect my response very soon!

ButtonHole said...

Okay. Tobias Wolfe, Our Story Begins: New and Collected Stories.

"They did not need to be together. There was no particular reason for them to be together. So what was this all about?"


Funny about yours, T. I ordered that book Family Bible and it had just arrived and, to be honest, it was the nearest book, but I had to go with second nearest to prevent a copykitty situation!

About Me

My photo
Writer, teacher, student, mom.

Fresh Flowers Delivered