12.04.2006

I Couldn't Tell You if This is True



This evening, Lo and I had to go to Michael's (craft store) for stuff to make a "space creature" for her class's geometric shapes lesson, which was actually due today, proving WHAT? That's right--that I'm still the worst. mother. ever. But if awesome, costly supplies are penance for such a crime, the $40 I spent tonight should absolve me.

Anyhow, on the way home, apropos of nothing, Lo speaks to me from the dark of the backseat:

Lo: Mom, are you sure there's a weight requirement to play football? [I've told her she doesn't weigh enough.]

TR: I believe so.

Lo: 'Cause Tim, the quarterback, is really little and skinny, and he plays. Quarterback.

TR: Tim? Who the heck is that?

Lo: UH! Tebow?!

TR: Oh.

Lo: He's number 7. All quarterbacks are number 7, you know. They don't even get to choose. The numbers are just handed out. All the different positions have a number. Defense is number 15.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not true, but she's learning. Slowly.

Anonymous said...

and T, if you want to see Tim Tebow (#15, not #7), who will be guiding the mighty Gators for the next 3 years, ask Gaga, who took about 20 pics of him at the SEC Championship. I'm told the ladies dig him.

Angie said...

Let her play! My dad wouldn't let me play hockey. I had to figure skate instead--supposed to be safer--but all I'm left with is a healthy dose of bitterness and a big scar on my chin.

Harpy said...

who cares about numbers. it's all about the cheers they make up about you.

Tania Rochelle said...

Angie, she doesn't weigh enough.

Mary Campbell said...

tell her to eat peanut butter. a lot of peanut butter. peanut butter everyday. that will bulk her up.

amy rush said...

I played rugby - but not until I was 24. We don't wear any pads in rugby except a mouth guard. Then again, we mainly played against other women - who like to pull hair and grow their nails out - the better to scratch you with.

Did you know that there's a womens football league with a team here in Atlanta? They won the championship last year. Nobody goes to see them. Tell Lo that you have to be out of high school to play for that team. She might still be too small. Those women are amazons.

About Me

My photo
Writer, teacher, student, mom.

Fresh Flowers Delivered