5.07.2007

If Men Were From Mars, Wouldn't They Be Smarter?

Biggy and Garey left to go "off-roading" around noon yesterday, in two separate cars. My husband took Jack and his friend Tyler in the beloved FJ, so Jack could practice driving (!) and Garey let Lo ride in his prized Land Rover. (Gare, I'd like a report on the car-ride conversation, by the way.) Georgia kindly begged out to study for an AP Government test, but I didn't even feel the need to make up an excuse not to go. I DO NOT SEE THE POINT. Around 7:30, I began to worry a little and called to get their ETA:

TR: Y'all ok?

Biggy: Yeah. We're not sure about Garey's car, though. He dented the side, bent up the luggage rack, and his transmission is acting funny. We hope it makes it home.

TR: Maybe you should call a tow truck?

Biggy: Nah. Right now we're looking for a place to eat Bar-B-Q. We're just going to let it cool off and see what happens.





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a most excellent trip. And you forgot to add Garey's flat tire to the list of his battle scars.

Anonymous said...

poor garey. since greg is the adult and led the poor child to the woods, he should help garey with repairs.

Tania Rochelle said...

I'm not sure who the bigger child is, really, given that Greg suffers maturity retardation. And Garey was the instigator of this.

Collin Kelley said...

I'm tempted to quote Forest Gump with "stupid is as stupid does" but that doesn't even fit the bill here. lol

Anonymous said...

G&G - you'll have to explain the off-roading thing to me sometime. I just don't get it (except the BBQ part).

Tania Rochelle said...

No kidding, Kath. You don't even get a workout.

Anonymous said...

Exactly. And I think you'd cover more ground hiking or biking.

Montgomery Maxton said...

based on those pics the land rover flooded its engine and if that were a new car sitting on a lot it would be set to be destroyed.

ktothefe said...

OMG that looks like A LOT of fun!!!!! I wish my lil VDub could pull that off : )

Anonymous said...

Looks like Garey needs to call the Hummer Recovery Vehicle. Nice job!!!

About Me

My photo
Writer, teacher, student, mom.

Fresh Flowers Delivered