8.08.2006

Whatever Lola Wants...


After 48 hours of begging and pecking, I gave in and took JackMan and Lo to the Army/Navy surplus store this afternoon. The cavernous place has no AC, and the propeller-sized fans that blow in the corners serve only to suck more hot air inside. I dragged around behind my son and daughter as they looked at camouflage fashion, gas masks, and the smaller weaponry. I won't confess to what the boy bought, but the girl got the satchel in the picture above. This is the conversation after, in the car:

Lo: When I get home, I'm going to fill my bag with hunting stuff--a flashlight, a compass...Do you have a pocket knife I can have?

TR: I think I know where one is.

JackMan: Are you KIDDING me?! You're really going to give her a knife?

TR: Just a little one. Jeez.

JackMan: When I was six, you wouldn't let me cut my own sandwich.

9 comments:

minus five said...

that's a pretty sweet bag. the army/navy store is where i go to get all of my bags. and since i know there's one by your house, guess where you'll have to take me when i come visit?

poor jack. getting screwed over again. third place really sucks.

Collin said...

You have to spill it...what did Jack get?

Tania Rochelle said...

Um, something called a butterfly knife. It sounds sweet, doesn't it? Like something you'd use for arts and crafts?

mamoo said...

tania, don't you dare let lola take a knife to school. she will be arrested on weapon charges, put in jail and they might not let her take racky with her.

mamoo said...

p.s. that is a beautiful picture of lola, especially the beautiful hair. i wonder who is responsible for it.

Tania Rochelle said...

I cut it with JackMan's butterfly knife.

Garey Simpson said...

I personally think that Jack isn't ready for a knife any more than Lola is... Maybe you should give them flowers and buy each of them tie dyed shirts that say Make Love not War.

Tania Rochelle said...

Gee, Gare, don't you have a Landrover Club meeting you have to get to?

Garey Simpson said...

Lol, that was last night. But Thanks!

About Me

My Photo
Writer, teacher, student, mom.

Fresh Flowers Delivered